Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

many an adventure.

I have safely returned from The Greatest City In The World. Ya, I know people only say stuff like that in movies and on TV, but it had to come from somewhere. Now I see where. Granted, my first morning in New York didn't go as planned. My luggage handle got stuck on a turnstile leading to the subway at the exact moment a horde of people wanted to come through said turnstile. I then somehow got on/transferred to the wrong train and found myself about 18 away from where I intended. I was too frustrated and had no intention of deciphering the subway maps to ride to my destination, so I walked instead. I walked about 24 blocks, with luggage, to get to my apartment. And then I promptly left to go to a dance class. For which I had to get directions from a construction worker because "the grid system" New York runs on is a bit more complicated than the one here in Salt Lake. BUT, after my dance class, my trip brightened up considerably. Except for the cold Sunday that I thought was going to be warmer so I went outside in my dress without a coat on. Big mistake. Also, never walk so fast that you pass every male on the sidewalk. Unless you enjoy being talked to like a piece of meat. Or unless you have a really good cold stare such as Yours Truly. 


I went to the Guggenheim Museum. Super cool.  

I went to the Statue of Liberty. Twice.  

I also visited Ellis Island twice. Quite possibly one of the coolest places I have ever been. If you ever go to NYC, go to Ellis Island.  

Such a wonderful, haunting, and reverent place. Every person who visits here is put on the same playing field. It's absolutely lovely.  


The Honor Guard at the Memorial let me take a picture with them. Such fine gentlemen.  

Oh, yes. I had to.  


Yes, that's what you think it is. But it's not what you think it is in real life. The ice rink is RIDICULOUSLY small and overpriced. Plus, there are WAY too many people. 

My parting words? Go to New York! And I'll meet you there because I can't wait to go back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment