Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

simmering sundays: where's all the food?

Sometimes even Sundays, the typical relaxation and rest day, need a rest. That's what last Sunday was. A rest from foodgawker. Because I still made food, even though I didn't take pictures of it. First time pan searing steaks and I definitely need to practice. First mistake? The pan was WAY too hot. Anyway, I did try a new recipe from foodgawker. They're imitation Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets. The honey mustard sauce further down the site is awesome. So awesome that I put it on my pulled pork sandwich at dinner and my later-night grilled cheese sandwich snack. This girl loves her some sandwiches. 


I didn't take any pictures, so just use the ones that the original site uses or your imagination. It'll be fun. 


The chicken was easy enough to prepare. The only thing was that the chicken tasted a lot like the flour it was coated in. BUT some of the pieces were left in the bag until very last so that might have had something to do with it. Plus, I do not own a restaurant-size deep fryer and so the bits that fell off the chicken pieces while frying totally could have swam up, and through osmosis, made the chicken taste more like flour. 


Anyway, these nuggets are bomb and so is the fact that you don't have to go to Chick-Fil-A all the time to get them now. Make tons and save 'em for leftovers or sack lunches during the week. And I'm telling ya, you'll want to make extra of the honey mustard because it goes a long way.....

No comments:

Post a Comment