Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

private no more.

With my ever-changing schedule, I now ride a train to school. A train that has its path right along hundreds of backyards. As I understand it, a backyard is the place for you to decorate, landscape, have fun, and keep others out (if that is your wish). These backyards that line the train's route can't do the last item, however. No matter how high or solid those fences are, I can still see right over them into your claim of the earth. And from what I see, I know a lot about you. You might have children...in that case you most likely have a swing set, trampoline, or various other outdoor toys littering the lawn. You might be into automobiles...that means you probably have one to three vehicles that are sitting in your backyard covered by tarps because it's winter and even though you may not have worked on them in summer, you sure as heck ain't workin' on them in the winter. If you like repetitive activities, half of your lawn is made into a garden because mowing the grass once a week isn't enough for you. Nope, you also need to pull weeds. But I do envy you because you have nice fresh veggies, and let's face it, who doesn't like those? I'm not the weed-pulling kind of gal, though. If you like pretty things, every inch of your backyard was probably touched by a landscaper so that it could look just right. No matter who you are, if your backyard is along the same path of the train, I'm watching you. And your backyard. 


In case you're interested, here's a song that I stumbled upon and can't get out of my head. If it doesn't make you want to don a Spanish outfit and dance with a smokin' hot member of the opposite sex, I can't help you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment