Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

react.

The other day I found a website that was solely devoted to hating another website and the person who writes it. At first I was appalled because I am rather fond of and may perhaps even love the aforementioned website, but then I got thinking...


Back in the day (because I'm so old to have a day in the back), I used to get mad over everything. Ok, honestly, I still can have steam come out my ears, but the people around me have learned to have an extra fire extinguisher near by for such occasions. But before all this, I was a reactor. Completely and totally at the mercy of any and every person around me. I couldn't control how I felt, what I said, or what I did. I feel like websites that are devoted to tearing apart someone else's ideas are exactly like that. I have started to ask, what's the point in getting so mad? In the big scheme of things, is it really worth it to get angry or worry over every situation? Granted, sometimes these emotions can motivate us to action, thereby coming up with a solution, but they're a means to an end, not the end itself. Case in point, Donald Trump "demanding" the President's birth certificate. Even IF it was fake, what would that have proven? The the American people really are as stupid as everyone thinks we are? That Trump was right? It wouldn't have taken back the years that Mr. Obama has been president. I honestly can't understand how Trump could have thought he did the country a favor by "forcing" the President to procure the certificate. Seriously. 


Ok. Enough high-horsing and soap boxing. 




Time for something fun and new? Well, one of the things that gets me excited nowadays, and every day for that matter, is this. Don't make fun. Just try to understand. Or at least smile and nod. 

No comments:

Post a Comment