Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

simmering sundays: salsa verde.

Welcome to the second ever Simmering Sunday! You guys are totally part of history in the making. As I'm writing I'm watching the pilot episode of Worst Cooks in America on Food Network. It's a bit ironic with this post, really. And just mostly sad that there are people who don't know how to properly cook scrambled eggs. I thought that that was a given...? Anywho, onto the main event!


This weekend's trip was south of the border to make some Roasted Tomatillo and Jalapeno Salsa Verde. I was a bit worried because I've never used tomatillos, and I kind of have a tiny spice threshold. But onward and spicier! I actually took this salsa to a class party, yes we're seniors in college, and it was a hit! I would definitely cut down on the cilantro, but that's because I'm not cilantro's biggest fan. This stuff is great with chips, but I also imagine that it would be fantastic as a sauce on other things, probably mostly meat. :D




 These are tomatillos. They actually come enveloped in leaves so they look kind of shriveled. But they're not. 
 This is cilantro. Again, I would scale back how much the person says to put in, but that's just me. 
 Roastin' away!
 I used this instead of real limes. 
 Keep the seeds in the jalapenos if you want some extra spice. 
And here it is! So much fun and deliciousness. 


I give this a 4 Carrot Rating for taste. 

Tune in next week for another culinary adventure, and during the week to see if public transportation (or my life) can live up to its past reputation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment