Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

beignet.

*ben/yay. The word is French, but I learned about them by watching Disney's The Princess and the Frog. Wonderful show filled with wonderful, cartoon food. I got curious about beignets because they looked so marvelous and everyone got much happier after eating a fresh batch. I thought they were some kind of donut/pastry. Come to find out, they're scones. Everyone outside of Utah would call it fry bread, but I call them scones. Literally, bread dough fried in oil, covered in butter and jam or honey. I was devastated when I found out my precious beignets were scones. My previous thoughts of beignets were shattered. My day was ruined. My life came to a halt. And then I made Navajo tacos with them. And then I made them again. And now I love that I have my very own homemade recipe for making them. And now I will share it with you so that you can partake in this horror-turned-fairytale food experience. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment