Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

old woman raceway.

Since I ride a bus to and from my college's campus, my car is stuck in a park-n-ride lot all day. When I finally get to the parking lot at the the of my day, I get in my car and speed home as fast as I can. And by speeding I mean going 5 miles over the speed limit. Hey, some of us live life in the mildly fast lane. Unless I'm behind old-lady-who-drives-an-old-lady-car-while-eating-potato-chips. Then I don't know when I'll get home. I have gotten stuck behind her enough times to learn that I need to leave the parking lot before she does. This entails me speed walking off the bus, sneakily watching her to make sure she's still going slow, unlock my car, throw my backpack and lunchbox (yes, I have a lunchbox) in the passenger seat, and leave before her lights even come on. Has this worked? Oh yes. Did I do this again today to ensure control over my own speed limit? Oh yes. Will I continue to do this? Oh yes. Would I rather look like a complete fool rather than drive painfully slow for 15 minutes instead of 10? Oh yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment