Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

this one's for you.

This is my father. His birthday is today. He's a great man. He joins me in scaring my little sister. He introduced me to Tim Burton films when I was in elementary school. He thinks I'm funny. He has part of one of his fingers cut off and likes to mess with people by putting it by his nostril so it looks like it's halfway up his nose. He plays the bass guitar. Thanks to his own birthday present, he now plays the ukelele. He takes my family ATVing. He cooks. Really well. He likes the simple things. Some would say cheap, but he likes to say frugal. He's paid for most of my college tuition. He tells jokes whenever he can. He knows many, many lines from movies and enjoys quoting them in everyday conversation. He took me to his history classes when he was going to school. He likes to give homeless people the benefit of the doubt and gives them money anyway. He says that we're not the ones to judge. He likes to listen to classic rock. He should be French because he uses so much butter on his food. He tells me the truth about myself. He's in a band with four of his friends. He thinks Wal-Mart is of the devil. Even though we don't always see eye to eye, he is still there to support me. He's the reason why you're reading this. This is my father. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Kylie. You are a wonderful daughter, and I thought so even before you wrote this. To be fair, your momma and I are both paying the tuition. I can't take all the credit for that.

    I play both sides when it comes to your sister; when you went to Harmon's earlier this week, we saw your car in the parking lot as we drove home from dance. Since I had keys to your car, we considered moving it (just to mess with ya). So be aware.....

    ReplyDelete